When it comes to looking after your car and keeping it running healthily for as long as possible, an MOT and a vehicle service are both important checks to undergo, ensuring that all the necessary checks are carried out. As they are both vital, is it possible to book them in for the same time? The answer is, yes! Arranging for these two appointments to coincide may not only benefit you, but your vehicle as well.
What is the difference between an MOT and a service?
MOT’s and services are both important assessments for your vehicle to undergo, ensuring that it keeps running healthily without costly repair work, as well as remaining legal for the road. However, there are some key differences between the two to remember:
- An MOT is a legal requirement to check that you are not putting yourself and other drivers at risk.
- Your car will be checked against DVSA standards and numerous tests will be carried out to verify that it is safe to be on the road.
- You must arrange for an MOT to be carried out once a year or your vehicle will not be permitted to be on the road.
- A service differs to an MOT in that, instead of DVSA standards, your vehicle will be tested against the guidelines of the manufacturer to ensure that it is still performing to their guidelines.
- A mechanic will look for any areas that prevent your car from operating at optimal performance.
- It varies between manufacturers, but it is recommended that a vehicle service is carried out every 6 to 12 months, although this is not a legal requirement.
Why should you book your service and MOT at the same time?
One of the reasons you may want to arrange your service and MOT at the same time is because of the convenience this can provide you. You can take your car into the garage and get all the legal and manufacturer checks out the way, before driving worry-free for the next year. This will also prevent you from finding yourself without a vehicle a couple of times each year.
As well as saving you time, booking these examinations at the same time can reassure you on the safety of your vehicle. With mechanics carrying out all necessary checks, you can feel confident that your vehicle is running smoothly.
You may also find that booking in for your MOT and service at the same time could prove more cost-effective for you in the long term, as having this in-depth check will hopefully prevent any serious issues from cropping up before your next MOT date.
Here at Double Dee Autos, our experienced mechanics are well qualified to resolve any issues you may be having with your car. If you would like to book an MOT or arrange a service, we can cater for your exact requirements and book in both for you at the same time, providing you with a service as straightforward as possible.. Give us a call now on 020 8460 3040 or email us at [email protected] to book your car in today.